Thursday, August 03, 2006

You are what you eat...

From what I can tell its mostly crap.

Crap that pickles organs and corrodes pipes like rust.
Cancer-causing, memory-deflating, a second cousin to plastic, third-arm growing crap.

Frozen dinners that have a huge sub ingredient list for Chicken.
Shouldn’t it just say chicken?
Why does “Chicken” need 25 other ingredients, mostly chemicals, to make it Chicken? At least list it as “Chikin” so there can be no mistake.

My lawyer friend says that KFC is called KFC because it’s not technically chicken and to call it such would be false advertising.

Our food should be made in kitchens--not factories and labs.

Can’t a girl get a good tomato without having to take out a loan?

I’m about this close to selling my possessions and moving to The Farm.
Hell, I’ll drink the organic Kool-Aid, although my vendor can’t afford the organic label.

Call me granola.
(Make me some granola—with homegrown fruit and homemade yogurt.)

Play me some Yanni.
(He’ll be the most synthetic thing I’d love.)

Give me a turban.
(I’ll use any excuse to wear a turban.)

I yearn for the simple life.

I just love the city too much.

5 comments:

Ciana said...

Two words, twice over:
a) Hear, hear!
b) San Francisco

I miss talking organic with you, dahhhling!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, kiddo.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, I think:
I'm adjusting down (why's it always about me? sorry) from Lawrence with its fabulous two-parking-lots-big Farmers' Market to Rock Island, IL: not only is the closest farmers' market in East Moline (like 9 miles away, which isn't far, I guess, but driving nine miles to shop at a farmers' market in a place called East Moline just seems weird, no?), but even the Jewel is not in town (Moline, which at least is closer than East Moline . . .). . . .

Ah, life. At least we're closer to Chicago now!

Hey, was it your birthday? Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Carrie. We are soul mates. Will you join my Self-Sustaining Inner-City-Commune?

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, come to Spain. You can eat lots of cheap and real food here. Come come. There there....mmmmm....isn't that yummy? I completely understand you pain though, I don't know how I'll go back and deal with American food again. Thinking farmers markets every week? Oy.