Friday, March 24, 2006

Sleeping Beauty

I have absolutely no reasonable thinking skills when I'm asleep in bed. All logicical and rational thinking mysteriously disappears. While I do have fabulous dreams, this makes for one nasty habit: I am always late in the mornings. To work, to rehearsals, to meet up with friends. It doesn't matter. Usually, I am only late by 15 minutes max. I am late, nevertheless.

In my sleepy stupor, I have actually considered, "I can get ready in 5 minutes." or "It doesn't matter if I skip this final exam." or "They'll hold the plane for me."

It is not one of my strong points. I am not proud of this fact. Every day I say that I will change. Every day I wake up late. I even have had periods of improvement, (usually around the start of a new job or the turn of the New Year), but, for the most part, it is my biggest vice. I don't smoke, I don't binge drink, I don't smoke crack and I am not addicted to having sex with Halle Barry. I am late.

No comments: