Thursday, April 20, 2006

Going Out With a Bang: A Real-life Goodbye Email from an Angry Employee

Well, I have just been informed that I am not welcome to come in tomorrow so I wanted to send a goodbye and kudos right now. I wanted to thank [Manager X] and [Manager Y] for the way they have treated me when I declined the [Big Account] offer. Because of this treatment and [Manager X's] treatment of countless other employees I have decided to pursue an interest that I will actually enjoy. Good luck and good ridiance [sic].

Oh and if you want job security I'd leave [Big Account].

3 comments:

Ciana said...

this was my favorite part of yesterday, even though i got a goodbye cake with my name on it. still...better.

Anonymous said...

I've gotta know who wrote this brilliant prose! Tell me, tell me, pretty puh-lease. I'm still wanting to send a one to All_D, All_D, about my latest adventures in Cali. Do you think L would respond?

Robert Cass said...

It's hard to proofread accurately when you're angry and newly unemployed. I should no.