Monday, December 19, 2005

A Brief Conversation with a Promotional Marketing Agent:

Agent: Is this Carrie?

Carrie: Yes.

Agent: (fast-talking) Hi, this is Agent, calling from Promotion Marketing Model and Talent Agency. We received your headshot and would like to know if you are available for some promotional work.

Carrie: Yes, I have a day job, but I am available depending on the specifics.

Agent: Great, can you be available tomorrow night from 7pm-10pm to sign ladies up for the Trashy Men's Magazine Home-Town-Hottie contest?

Carrie: Um, I dont---

Agent: You just need to show up and dress sexy. You have sort of a Pam Anderson look, don't you?

Carrie: (Amused) Um, no. Not at all, actually.

Agent: Well, your headshot looks like Pam Anderson.

Carrie: Really? You think so? That's the first time I've ever heard that.

Agent: (angrily) ARE YOU NOT A SEXY GIRL!??

Carrie: (akwardly) Um...uh...I like to think I am.

Agent: (impatiently) Well, can you do it or not?

Carrie: Actually, I'm not available tomorrow night. I have another commitment.

Agent: Fine, we'll put you in the folder for Bridal Shows and call you if we need you.

Carrie: Thanks for calli---

Agent: click

3 comments:

hucklebuck said...

Carrie-

If I was hosting a Trashy Men's Magazine Home-Town-Hottie contest, I would totally let you help at the lady sign-in desk.

hucklebuck said...

Yeah, I've been hearing things, and I'm sad to report that your loyal fan base is turning sour with the recent hiatus you've been on.

This loyal fan base has been forced to read things like newspapers, insurnace brochures, and used bazooka joe wrappers. I'll do my best to hold off the full scale riot that may inevitably ensue, but you've got to throw them a bone, something, anything.

If you're trapped in a well, clap twice, if you're on vacation, clap once.

Anonymous said...

"ARE YOU NOT A SEXY GIRL"? Hahahaha. I love it. Maybe they accidentally received your Pam Anderson photo session from high school (gingham shirt tied at the waist, lipliner drawn far outside the margin, nude gloss, etc.)? :)